Karla Spetic Autumn/Winter 2010 Collection

When the weather gets chilly I grab my go-to pieces. All of which happen to be in neutral tones. A cream wool coat, navy/black blazers, gray scarves, black boots. Which are all great and mix and match seamlessly with whatever I throw on with them, but when I stumbled across Karla Spetic's AW10 collection, I started to rethink my Autumn/Winter uniform. While other designers stick with the tried-and-true dark moody colors for their collections, Karla Spetic bucks the conventional in favor of pastels in blush pinks, bluish grays, ivory, and lilac, with splashes of orange. Surprisingly it feels right. Very right. The clothes are beautifully cut in geometric patterns and shapes, and I love the detailed necklines of the mini dresses, and the occasional twists in the fabric and color blocking. My favorite is the braided scarf (this may be a future diy for me). The overall feeling of the collection is romantic and dreamy. A welcome change from all the "usual" fall colors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


No comments

Post a Comment